In this document the following words shall have the following meanings:
- "Service Provider"
means Company (LEO) governing the country of registration;
means any person who makes an Agreement for Services with the Service Provider. To include employees, agents, servants and/or subcontractors;
means all items belonging to the Service Provider and hired by the Customer as agreed between the parties;
means a leasing offering as indicated in section 3 "Services and Delivery";
means the features available to members joining via the 10 10 10 programme.
- "Activation Date"
means the date the free 10 10 10 membership registration has been completed
means the payment due from the Customer to the Service Provider for provision of the Services;
- "Terms and Conditions"
means the terms and conditions of supply of Services as set out in this document and any subsequent terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Service Provider;
means the contract between the Service Provider and the Customer for the provision of the Services incorporating these Terms and Conditions.
means the application used by the Customer to receive payment of cryptocurrency assets.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the Agreement for the supply of Services by the Service Provider to the Customer and shall supersede any other documentation or communication between parties.
- Any variation to these Terms and Conditions must be agreed in writing by the Service Provider.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall prejudice any condition or warranty, express or implied, or any legal remedy to which the Service Provider may be entitled in relation to the Services, by virtue of any statute, law or regulation.
- Any reference in these Terms and Conditions to legislation, statute, regulation or provision thereof shall be construed as a reference to that legislation, statute, regulation or provision as amended, enacted or extended at the relevant time.
3. SERVICES AND DELIVERY
- Registration. Anyone who is not an existing LEO member can register a member position as part of the 10 10 10 programme free of charge. This is done by selecting the free sign up option on the learnearnown.com website. In order to avail of the benefits and features of the programme, the following conditions must be satisfied.
- Training Product. After the new free position is registered. The new joiner will be provided with a back office. The new joiner must verify their mobile number and email address. Once both are verified, a Dan Andersson Training Product gift code will be distributed to the member’s account.
- The Dan Andersson Training gift code can be redeemed via the LEO webshop. It can only be used by the newly registered member. The gift code cannot be resold by to any other individual.
- When the Dan Andersson Training gift code is redeemed, 1 RP and 1 BP are distributed to the members upline. The BP and RP are only allocated to upline members who are Executive Rank or below. The BP and RP are not available to upline members whose rank is above Executive Rank.
- All accumulated RP/BP will be flushed for members joining under the 10 10 10 programme on the third bonus run after their joining date, and every third bonus run thereafter.
- System generated emails will be sent on the 10th, 12th and 14th day to give notice
- Existing flush rules for Members beneath Bronze rank will not be used
- LEOcoin Gift. A member joining for free under the 10 10 10 programme can receive a gift of 10 GBP worth of LEOcoin. Provided they meet the following criteria.
- This gift is only available to members joining via the 10 10 10 programme.
- They must personally sponsor at least 10 free (10 10 10) member positions.
- The 10 personally sponsored free positions must be registered within 30 days from the date of joining.
- The LEOcoin gift can only be acquired once.
- The LEOcoin gift is awarded at the average rate on external digital exchanges. As at the time of distribution.
- It is distributed to the member’s LMS Exchanges Escrow ledger. It is escrowed for a period of 90 days. And it can only be withdrawn to an external wallet address (which the member must provide in their back office). It is not available for trading on the internal member to member LEOcoin trading platform.
- Qualification to access the full LEO Marketing Plan and Rank Awards schedule. A member joining under the free 10 10 10 programme does not gain automatic access to the full LEO marketing plan/rank awards schedule. In order to qualify to access all of those benefits, they must meet the following criteria.
- Rules to qualify for earning commission/rank awards
- One of these conditions must be completed:
- The member must personally sponsor 10 other members under the free sign-up process
- A personally sponsored Member in both right, and left leg (who joined for free) and purchases any product (basic pack, starter pack, VIP business pack, VIP leaders business pack) which contributes 125 RP to their sponsor's weaker leg.
- AND the Member must have completed mobile, email and Photo ID KYC process
- Registering a member account under the 10 10 10 programme is free of charge.
5. CUSTOMER'S OBLIGATIONS
- The Customer agrees to cooperate with the Service Provider at all times.
- The Customer agrees not to resell/or sub-lease the Services to another party
- The Customer must provide a valid address for a Wallet suitable for receiving the payments they have requested.
6. SERVICE PROVIDER OBLIGATIONS
- The Service Provider shall supply the Services as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Service Provider shall have the authority to delegate any obligations to other employees or subcontractors but undertakes to notify the Customer of any significant changes.
- Title to the hardware remains with the Service Provider at all times.
- Leased hardware cannot be used to mine Altcoin on its own – it can be used as part of a mining facility set up.
- The Customer may terminate the Agreement if the Service Provider fails to comply with any aspect of these Terms and Conditions and this failure continues for a period of 2 weeks after notification of non-compliance is given.
- The Service Provider may terminate the Agreement if the Client has failed to complete any payment due within 12 weeks of the sum being requested.
- Either party may terminate the Agreement by notice in writing to the other if:
- the other party commits a material breach of these Terms and Conditions and, in the case of a breach capable of being remedied, fails to remedy it within a reasonable time of being given written notice from the other party to do so; or
- the other party commits a material breach of these Terms and Conditions which cannot be remedied under any circumstances; or
- the other party ceases to carry on its business or substantially the whole of its business; or
- the other party is declared insolvent, or convenes a meeting of or makes or proposes to make any arrangement or composition with its creditors; or a liquidator, receiver, administrative receiver, manager, trustee or similar officer is appointed over any of its assets.
- In the event of termination the Customer must pay to the Service Provider any expenses incurred up to the date of termination.
- Any rights to terminate the Agreement shall be without prejudice to any other accrued rights and liabilities of the parties arising in any way out of the Agreement as at the date of termination.
- The Member has the right within a period of 30 (thirty) days, of entering into the Agreement to cancel the Agreement without penalty by written notice of termination and to require the Company to refund an amount equal to 100% of any monies paid in respect of he/she has paid subject to the clawback of any monies already distributed (to the Member) as a result of joining the 10 10 10 programme and/or the full LEO Marketing Plan/Rank Awards schedule.
All parties warrant their authority to enter into this Agreement and have obtained all necessary approvals to do so.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Service Provider for death or personal injury, however the Service Provider shall not be liable for any direct loss or damage suffered by the Customer howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in excess of the price of the Services.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable under any circumstances to the Customer or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the Customer howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise.
- For the avoidance of doubt, time shall not be of the essence and the Service Provider shall incur no liability to the Customer in respect of any failure to complete the Services by any agreed completion date.
- The Service Provider shall have no liability for additional damage, loss, liability, claims, costs or expenses, caused or contributed to by the Customer's continued use of defective Equipment after a defect has become apparent or suspected or should reasonably have been so to the Customer.
- The Customer is responsible for the integrity of, and maintaining access to, the Wallet that is registered to receive their funds.
- The Service Provider accepts no liability for assets that cannot be recovered due to the customer registering the wrong Wallet address or losing access to their Wallet.
11. FORCE MAJEURE
Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
The Customer shall not be entitled to assign its rights or obligations or delegate its duties under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Service Provider.
13. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
Nothing in the Agreement shall be construed as establishing or implying a partnership or joint venture between the parties or suggest that either of the parties are agent for the other.
14. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions intend to or confer any rights on a third party.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
16. GENERAL SALES AND DELIVERY CONDITIONS
The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms and Conditions herein shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms and Conditions.
Any notice to be given by either party to the other may be served by email, fax, personal service or by post to the address of the other party given in the Quotation or such other address as such party may from time to time have communicated to the other in writing, and if sent by email shall unless the contrary is proved be deemed to be received on the day it was sent, if sent by fax shall be deemed to be served on receipt of an error free transmission report, if given by letter shall be deemed to have been served at the time at which the letter was delivered personally or if sent by post shall be deemed to have been delivered in the ordinary course of post.
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms and Conditions supersede any previous agreements, arrangements, documents or other undertakings either written or oral.
19. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.