In this document the following words shall have the following meanings:
- "Service Provider"
means Company (LEO) governing the country of registration;
means any person who purchases a LEO product AND who makes an Agreement for the Service with the Service Provider;
- "Product Pack"
is a bundled offering that gives Customer access to specified LEO products and services. Product Packs are typically discounted when compared against the price of purchasing individual items separately.
- "Back Office"
means a personal website available upon registration as a LEO Customer. It includes features to manage product subscriptions and other aspects of the LEO business opportunity.
means the payment due from the Customer to the Service Provider for provision of the Services;
- "Terms and Conditions"
means the Terms and Conditions of supply of Services as set out in this document and any subsequent Terms and Conditions agreed in writing by the Service Provider;
means the contract between the Service Provider and the Customer for the provision of the Services incorporating these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the Agreement for the supply of Services by the Service Provider to the Customer and shall supersede any other documentation or communication between parties.
- Any variation to these Terms and Conditions must be agreed in writing by the Service Provider.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall prejudice any condition or warranty, express or implied, or any legal remedy to which the Service Provider may be entitled in relation to the Services, by virtue of any statute, law or regulation.
- Any reference in these Terms and Conditions to legislation, statute, regulation or provision thereof shall be construed as a reference to that legislation, statute, regulation or provision as amended, enacted or extended at the relevant time.
3. SERVICES AND DELIVERY
- In the event a project cannot be delivered beyond our control, we reserve the right to redirect the child education part of the product to another project and / or refund.
4. PURCHASE/REGISTRATION RESTRICTIONS
- Customers are permitted to have maximum of 10 active Child Education Pack, per account, at any given point in time.
- Where a Customer attempts to purchase more than the maximum number of Product Packs, the purchase will be declined.
5. LEO E-LEARNING USAGE POLICY
- Only 2 LEO Social Entrepreneurship courses are available within the Child Education Pack. These products will not be available during the soft launch / pre-order period.
6. AUTOMATIC RENEWAL
- A Customer who buys a Child Education Pack option will not have the opportunity to opt-in to an automatic renewal of their pack.
7. PACK EXPIRY
- Upon expiry of a Child Education Pack and where the Customer has accepted the LEO Member Terms and Conditions, the Customer will: remain an "active LEO Member" and have access to Marketing Plan and incentives. Access to the eLearning catalogues as part of the Child Education Pack will no longer be available. The Customer will still have the option to buy individual LEO products.
8. CUSTOMER'S OBLIGATIONS
- The Customer agrees to cooperate with the Service Provider at all times.
- The Customer agrees not to resell any component of the Child Education Pack to another party.
9. SERVICE PROVIDER OBLIGATIONS
- The Service Provider shall supply the Services as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Service Provider shall have the authority to delegate any obligations to other employees or subcontractors but undertakes to notify the Customer of any significant changes.
- The Customer may terminate the Agreement if the Service Provider fails to comply with any aspect of these Terms and Conditions and this failure continues for a period of 2 weeks after notification of non-compliance is given.
- The Customer has the right within a period of 14 (fourteen) days, of entering into the Agreement to cancel the Agreement without penalty by written notice of termination and to require the Company to refund an amount equal to 100% of any monies paid PROVIDED THAT no part of the product has been used.
- Upon cancellation of the Child Education Pack the Customer shall no longer have access to stream LEO e-learning courses.
- The Service Provider may terminate the Agreement if the Customer has failed to complete any payment due for the purchase.
- Either party may terminate the Agreement by notice in writing to the other if:
- The other party commits a material breach of these Terms and Conditions and, in the case of a breach capable of being remedied, fails to remedy it within a reasonable time of being given written notice from the other party to do so; or
- The other party commits a material breach of these Terms and Conditions which cannot be remedied under any circumstances; or
- The other party ceases to carry on its business or substantially the whole of its business; or
- The other party is declared insolvent, or convenes a meeting of or makes or proposes to make any arrangement or composition with its creditors; or a liquidator, receiver, administrative receiver, manager, trustee or similar officer is appointed over any of its assets.
- In the event of termination, the Customer must pay to the Service Provider any expenses incurred up to the date of termination.
- Any rights to terminate the Agreement shall be without prejudice to any other accrued rights and liabilities of the parties arising in any way out of the Agreement as at the date of termination.
All parties warrant their authority to enter into this Agreement and have obtained all necessary approvals to do so.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Service Provider shall not be liable under any circumstances to the Customer or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the Customer howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise.
- For the avoidance of doubt, time shall not be of the essence and the Service Provider shall incur no liability to the Customer in respect of any failure to complete the Services by any agreed completion date.
13. FORCE MAJEURE
Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
The Customer shall not be entitled to assign its rights or obligations or delegate its duties under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Service Provider.
15. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
Nothing in the Agreement shall be construed as establishing or implying a partnership or joint venture between the parties or suggest that either of the parties are agent for the other.
16. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions intend to or confer any rights on a third party.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms and Conditions herein shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms and Conditions.
Any notice to be given by either party to the other may be served by email, fax, personal service or by post to the address of the other party given in the Quotation or such other address as such party may from time to time have communicated to the other in writing, and if sent by email shall unless the contrary is proved be deemed to be received on the day it was sent, if sent by fax shall be deemed to be served on receipt of an error free transmission report, if given by letter shall be deemed to have been served at the time at which the letter was delivered personally or if sent by post shall be deemed to have been delivered in the ordinary course of post.
20. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms and Conditions supersede any previous agreements, arrangements, documents or other undertakings either written or oral.
21. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
We reserve the right to update this document at any time without prior notification. Such updated documents will be posted online at www.learnearnown.com.
This document was last updated on 31/01/2019.